
Preslee, Brittany, a couple of Brit's friends: Sam and Shelby, and I went to the Monster Truck show on Friday and we had a lot of fun. We had a blast until my mom called me on our way home, panicked. She saw on the news that a small child and an adult were injured at Monster Jam and she was making sure we were all ok. We found out one of the trucks, Natural High, had kicked up debris into the audience (not on our side), and hit a 6 yr. old little boy and a man. We had no idea any of this had happened, because the show went on as if nothing was wrong.
The little boy eventually died from his injuries. I can't tell you how bad my heart is aching for the family of this little boy. It was a freak accident, and I feel horrible about the whole thing. It could have happened to anyone. I was there with my 6 yr. old little girl, and it is very scary to think, "what if?" I grew up going to these shows with my dad and brother and sister, and nothing like this has EVER happened. It is absolutely devastating what happened. The worst part, the truck, Natural High, had been out of the show until the very end because it was having problems.
I wanted to bring my daughter, just like my dad did with me, to the show to have a blast and create fun memories. The parents of the little boy just wanted to bring their child to have fun with their family, and never thought their child could get hurt. We always want to protect our children from harm, but you never know what is going to happen. My prayers are with the family of the little boy. I can not imagine the pain they are feeling. It is an enormous reminder to always cherish your children and treat them as the blessings they truly are.

The little boy eventually died from his injuries. I can't tell you how bad my heart is aching for the family of this little boy. It was a freak accident, and I feel horrible about the whole thing. It could have happened to anyone. I was there with my 6 yr. old little girl, and it is very scary to think, "what if?" I grew up going to these shows with my dad and brother and sister, and nothing like this has EVER happened. It is absolutely devastating what happened. The worst part, the truck, Natural High, had been out of the show until the very end because it was having problems.
I wanted to bring my daughter, just like my dad did with me, to the show to have a blast and create fun memories. The parents of the little boy just wanted to bring their child to have fun with their family, and never thought their child could get hurt. We always want to protect our children from harm, but you never know what is going to happen. My prayers are with the family of the little boy. I can not imagine the pain they are feeling. It is an enormous reminder to always cherish your children and treat them as the blessings they truly are.




1 comment:
How fun for you guys, but what a bummer for the little boy and his family! seth and I were going to go the monster truck show here this weekend until I found out about that. It looks Preslee had fun:)
Post a Comment