
Well, just when I thought my dog couldn't get any dumber...he totally redeemed himself. Just kidding...slightly. He is the best dog ever and I love him dearly, but come on. He decided to try and catch a porcupine...and needless to say, he failed. The "Santa Claus" beard he is wearing is actually made of porcupine quills. He came to the back door with a mouth full of them, looking at us with desperation in his eyes...poor buddy. Chris and I tried to keep him calm and pull them out with pliers, but there were WAY too many.
I took him into the vet and when they looked at him, they both said, "Oh my goodness, we've NEVER seen an animal with that many quills EVER!!" He was slightly sedated and they went to work pulling each one out as I held his head up while he snored. There were quills in the roof of his mouth, under his tongue, in his gums, inside his cheeks, in his nose, and even between his teeth. This guy was full of them! The vet asked for a photo so he could be their "Poster Boy". Great job Ronan, at least you're the best!! ;0)
1 comment:
OMG! that looks so painful. what a dumb-dumb! I bet he won't do that again.
Post a Comment