Well, we went to the mountains again for our Christmas tree, but it went terribly wrong this year. We went up a logging road and got stuck in the snow where there were absolutely no people for miles and miles. We ended up in old, really hard, snow...it was like ice cubes. Someone else had driven up the road when it had just snowed, so there were tire tracks already in the snow. So, we were forced to follow their tracks and we got stuck. Chris dug us out and had to really hammer on his truck to get us out. But let me tell you, I thought I was going to die people! I thought our whole family was going to fly over the cliff trying to reverse out of the hole we dug ourselves into. Chris did great, I was stressed to the max (but I was trying to act calm for the kids). I looked back and Preslee had her little hands folded and was praying to God to help us out of there. I told her, "It's ok Flower, we'll be fine"...and then turned away from her thinking..."We're going to Die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It sounds ridiculous now, but at the time I felt my heart beating through my chest...it was one of the scariest times of my life. We eventually made it out of there, and became desperate for a tree because it was getting dark. So, our tree is pathetic to say the least...our ornaments are falling off of the branches. But at least we lived another day!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad you lived another day! your tree is awfully cute:)
Post a Comment