Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Very Sad Time


For those of you who didn't know, on August 31st we found out we were going to have another baby. We were filled with shock and excitement, but mostly we felt very blessed. Yet, five short days later, we learned I was in the beginning stages of a miscarriage.


The past few days have been extremely difficult; much more devastating than I would have ever expected. I was so willing to be this baby's mommy, and it has been crushing to let them go. I did not lose a fetus, I lost our baby. Anytime someone I knew miscarried their baby, my heart was heavy for their loss. But, I had no idea what they were TRULY experiencing. The physical pain is hard to deal with in itself, however the emotions are so overwhelming and almost impossible to put into words. It is something which you have to experience for yourself to entirely understand.


I know that everything will be alright, and we will move on with our lives. Yet, it doesn't lessen the sorrow as of now. Only God knows His plan for me, and I have complete trust in Him. I have leaned on Him during this time, and all the time. I have remembered to thank Him for the two beautiful and lovable children He has blessed me with already. And I am so very thankful for the blessings in my life, and have been holding them a little tighter than before.


Thank you to my family and friends who have been supporting me during this time, you have helped me more than you know.

No comments: